Library Information and Policies
Library Mission: To provide high quality, relevant, accessible information resources and services that provide value to the DeVry, Inc community.
Library Vission: DeVry Library will become the world class provider of state of the art knowledge resources and quality services on behalf of the DeVry community.
Library Checkout Policies/ Loan Period
Overdue Notices for all Material (Updated)
Portal Fines and Policies
Cell Phone Usage
Group Conference Rooms
Equipment Available at the library
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Students, faculty, and staff members may check out circulating library materials. Students must have their student ID card with their DSI#.
- All patrons are responsible for the replacement cost of any lost or damaged items on their account.
- Patrons can check out books, CD-ROMs, paperback novels, videos, DVDs, and audiotapes for two weeks.
- All materials, except videos, can be renewed once, either in person, by phone, or online at Library Catalog and click on "View My Information".
- Students & Staff can check out Books, DVD, Videotapes and CD-ROM's 14 days - Unlimited renewals
- *Faculty * All items 1 term
- First Notice- 7 days overdue
- Additional Notices - Every 14 days
- Bill for Replacement- 60 days overdue
- All Notices are sent by email. Please inform us of your current email address at checkout.
- Overdue fines will accrue when items are past due, but will be waived for all materials except Game Room items, when the item is returned.
- Borrowers with more than 3 overdue items will be blocked from further checkout.
- Outstanding library bills will be turned over to Student Finance for collection. If not paid, you can be prevented from graduating.
Students with overdue materials or unpaid fines will not be able to register for the next term. All fines and fees are forgiven if you return the materials to the library.
- Parton must have signed a Portal Contract
- All items have a 2 hour time limit * 2 Checkouts and no more than 4 hours per day. This is also subject to whether someone is waiting or not.
- Late up to one hour $.20 fine per item, per minute after the first 10 minutes.
- Late up to 1 + hours' $10 fine per item. * Late 1 + day subject to additional $40, totaling $50 fine per item.
- Late 5 + days are considered "Lost", and subject to an additional fee, totaling $100 fine per item.
- All frees are non-refundable and will benefit the game room budget.
The Library is intended to be a quiet place for study and research. Noise should be kept to a minimum, and quiet talking only will be allowed. Please show respect for your fellow students and keep the noise level to a minimum. Students causing a disruption will be asked to leave the Library.
Turn cell phones to vibrate and take the calls outside the library!!!
The Library provides a variety of services including books, periodicals, audiovisuals and electronic resources. Specifically the library has:
- A growing collection of books in a variety of business, technical and general interest categories.
- Subscriptions to over 40 magazines, journals and newspapers.
- A large variety of educational and recreational videotapes and DVDs.
- Internet access to full text online databases.
- There are 5 computers in the library for your use. If none are available, please ask about it at the library front desk.
- Photocopier and laser printer.
- Online reference service.
The staff of the Library will do everything possible to assist you in your research. Student Staff can help with general questions and database searching. For more specific questions or in-depth assistance with research strategies, please see the Library Director. Also, DeVry University librarians staff an online reference service during the hours of 1-10pm Monday-Thursday, 1-8pm Friday, and 11am-5pm Saturday. Please click here for this real time "chat" reference service.
The Librarian conducts in-class presentations at the invitation of the Instructor. Presentations can be general in nature or tailored to the specific topics or assignments of the class. Research strategies, database searching and the Internet are some of the topics covered. If you feel that your class would benefit from such a presentation, ask your Instructor to contact the librarian.
Two group study or conference rooms are available in the library for students needing to work together. The rooms are reserved in advance at the Library Main Desk. Ask our Student Assistants for help.
The Library recognizes and respects intellectual property rights. A photocopier is available for copies. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, US Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Photocopies or other reproductions can be furnished only under certain conditions. This institution reserves the right to refuse copies if fulfillment of the order would violate the copyright law.
The Library provides:
- 20 computer stations with internet access
- Study tables many near power outlets for use of Laptops.
- Laser Printer and Photocopier
- One of the conference rooms has a TV with VCR/DVD for viewing materials assigned by faculty.
Q1: How do I determine what items are available for loan to students and staff?
A1: Use the Voyager Online catalog at http://library.devry.edu/
Q2: How do I check-out materials from the Library?
A2: Present your student ID card or provide your first and last name to the library staff member along with the item. Only currently registered students are eligible to check-out library materials.
Q3: What is the loan period for library materials?
A3: Books are loaned for 2 weeks
Q4: Are there fines for late library materials?
A4: Book fines are $.10 per day. Fines for audiovisual materials, including compact disks and DVDs are $.25 per day.
Q5: How do I reserve a library conference room?
A5: Reserve one of our two conference rooms by registering at the Library Main desk.
Q6: When are the library computers available for student use?
A6: Whenever the library is open. If computers are busy, there is a 30-minute limit on computer use.
Q7: Does the library have a photocopy machine available for student use? What is the cost?
A7: The Library has a Xerox machine which reduces and enlarges. The cost is $.05 per page.
Q8: Does the library have Internet connections available for laptops?
A8: The library is a WiiFi area however there are two designated locations for Internet access.